This website and it’s content is copyright of Martin Whitely – © Martin Whitely 2010. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Donations to DFADS are tax deductable! If your children need drug-free assistance contact DFADS today.
- How is ADHD diagnosed?
- Why do ‘ADHD medications’ appear to work?
- ADHD amphetamine addiction and abuse
- The potential side effects of ADHD stimulant ‘medications’
- Strattera’s sad story – (warning it may make you want to kill yourself)
- Pseudoscience supporting ADHD
- Rise and fall of child ADHD in Western Australia
- Perth, a case study in ADHD amphetamine abuse
- Sydney, our new ADHD capital
- Top 40 misleading, dangerous or just plain stupid claims made about ADHD
Search the site
Drug Free Attention Difficulties Support
Sign up to the Speed Up & Sit Still newsletter
- PhD Thesis – ADHD and Regulatory Capture in Australia from 1992 to 2012 – by Dr Martin Whitely
- The Royal Australasian College of Physicians campaigns to ban smacking children but promotes the long term use of amphetamines to alter child behaviour.
- Boycott DSM5 – it is dangerous and scientically unsound
- American Psychiatric Association approval of DSM-5 is a sad day for Psychiatry- by Prof Allen Frances
- Spike in Western Australian ADHD child prescribing defies the long term downwards trend
- Despite Stephen Colbert’s ‘Meducation’ endorsement – research shows that ADHD ‘smart drugs’ dumb down Aussie children
- Whitely tells Parliament – It’s time to confront Patrick McGorry’s disease mongering and end the guru-isation of Australian mental health policy
- New Australian ADHD Clinical Practice Points – After 6 years of frustrated advocacy at last a small victory over Big Pharma.
- Patrick McGorry’s ‘Ultra High Risk of Psychosis’ training DVD fails the common sense test
- Australian authorities consider ADHD drug Concerta too risky for adults but ok for children
- Hearing checks for Aboriginal children – Screening that actually improves Mental Health outcomes!
- Patrick McGorry’s cautious prescribing Rhetoric not matched by Reality
- Will ‘Disruptive Mood Disregulation Disorder’ proposed for inclusion in DMS5 be the next child mental health epidemic?
- Australian Mental Health at the Crossroads – Time to Recover Sanity
- Not-so-quick fix: Behavioral therapy better than drugs in the long run
- Diagnosing the DSM – the American Psychiatric Association should share the development of DSM5
- DSM5 Rollback Begins – Psychosis Risk Disorder gone and the revised proposal for DSM5 ADHD criteria not quite as horrific
- 900,000 Canadian Children confirm ADHD is a Birthday Lottery
- Huffington Post looks to Western Australia and France for the way forward on ADHD
- Professor Ian Hickie’s shocking each way bet on ECT induced amnesia
- How many physically and sexually abused Western Australian children suffer chemical abuse in state care?
- Patrick McGorry deserves praise for about-turn on Psychosis Risk Disorder
- Professor Hickie – Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.
- Professor Ian Hickie – Visionary Mental Health Reformer or Paid Pharmaceutical Industry Opinion Leader?
- More Bad News about Strattera – Heart risk added to suicide and liver warnings
- Back-down on “Better Access” cuts a welcome (and rare) win for talking therapies
- New York Times opinion piece tells the ‘Truth about ADHD’
- ‘Prozac Made Me Do It’ now a Murder Defence
- New Draft ADHD Clinical Practice Points out for Public Comment – Please Contribute
- Sign up to on-line petition against proposed DSM5
- Prescription drug abuse – A large and growing problem with a very simple solution
- Dr Allen Frances, the lead author of DSMIV, and the British Psychological Association, lead the chorus of opposition to disease mongering proposals in DSM5
- The American Psychiatric Association’s DSM5 proposal for ADHD – Making lifelong patients of even more healthy people
- Perth’s Dexamphetamine Hangover
- Open book approach a good start for the new National ADHD Guidelines Committee
- World leading ADHD ‘expert’ Harvard Professor Joseph Biederman sanctioned over hidden drug company money
- Where is the evidence to support ‘ADHD expert’ Prof Kohn’s claim that amphetamines aid brain development?
- Professor McGorry stops advocating for the inclusion of Psychosis Risk Syndrome in DSM5 and restricts support for the use of antipsychotics in non-psychotic patients to experimentation – The Australian 16 June 2011
- Australia’s Reckless Experiment In Early Intervention – prevention that will do more harm than good
- Extra EPPIC and Headspace funding in the Federal Budget: A quick fix to a political problem but where is the evidence?
- Is Patrick McGorry’s and the Independent Mental Health Reform Group’s $3.5b blueprint for Australian mental health the way forward, or a prescription for more ‘psychiatric disorders’, ‘off label’ prescribing and youth suicide?
- It’s time to ask former Australian of the Year, Professor Patrick McGorry, a few difficult questions about his Blueprint for Australian Mental Health
- How to be an Educated Consumer of “ADHD” Research
- Claire Murray (14 March 1985 – 1 April 2010) – A casualty of Perth’s Generation deX.
- ADHD Birthdate Lottery- Late birthday in school year significantly increases a childs chances of being diagnosed and drugged
- The ‘Genetic basis of ADHD’ – much ado about nothing
- One year on from the Raine Study ADHD Medication Review – Will the analysis of this unique long term data source continue and if so can we trust those doing the analysis?
- Rescinding the National ADHD Guidelines and curbing the prescription of mind drugs to children in state care the priorities of the Brisbane ‘ADHD’ forum
- Australian experts meet to consider is ADHD ‘over-medicated’ or ‘a fraud’?
- Australia Day Question- Why do we slavishly follow the American Psychiatric Association’s (DSMIV) prescription for the Mental Health of children. Are American children doing that well?